We are tremendously grateful to all of our volunteers that have worked with us over the years. Volunteers are critical to our ability to serve domestic violence survivors. We are always looking for dedicated individuals to assist our organization. Our agency offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals interested in donating their time. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering 24-Hour Hotline
- Supporting victims of domestic violence at court, the hospital, and other appointments
- Providing office support (filing, translation of forms and other materials, general office assistance)
- Assisting in the Children’s Program by reading to a group, tutoring, offering homework assistance, making crafts, and other activities
- Preparing outreach material
- Requesting wish list items from potential donors
- Organizing donations
Volunteers that work with domestic violence victims must complete a 40-Hour training class in accordance with California Evidence Code 1037.1. Fingerprinting is required for all volunteers. Additionally, volunteers must provide negative TB test results prior to being approved to volunteer with our agency.
To learn more about volunteering at our agency, please contact Cecelia Walker, Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator at (323) 780-7285 or email@example.com.
40-Hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training
40-hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training that meets the requirements set forth by California Evidence Code 1037.1 for designation as a Domestic Violence Counselor. Training topics include, but are not limited to DV 101; domestic violence law (criminal, civil, and family); substance abuse issues; cultural competency; and working with persons with disabilities. After completing 40 hours of training, graduates shall receive a certificate of completion that enables you to pursue volunteer and employment opportunities working directly with survivors of domestic violence.
The next scheduled 40-hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training begins March 1, 2013. Additional information regarding the training is below:
- The fee for the training is $200.
- Pre-registration is required and space is limited. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
- No CEU offered.
We follow EEO requirements regarding employee and volunteer selection.